Choosing Your Wedding Photographer
A photographer captures all of the wonderful moments from your wedding. From the “I Do’s” and the first dance, the photographer makes those moments last forever. They have one of the most important jobs in the wedding process. With this in mind, you can see how important it is to choose a photographer who meets your exact needs. Follow this checklist when you are selecting one:
- First off, does the photographer have your wedding date available? This seems very obvious, but if you want a professional photographer, planning in advance is key.
- Look at reviews of the photographer; are other people saying how great they are? Other people’s opinions, including your parents, friends, wedding planner, etc are important, but sometimes an outsider’s opinion can be refreshing.
- Are they in your budget? Photographers are going to differ on their pricing and you should make sure that the final cost will not exceed your budget limit.
- Look at their wedding albums and examples; is that what you want for your wedding? All photographers should have samples of their work. Every bride has a specific “look” that they are looking for so make sure it meets your expectations.
- Make sure their experience level matches what you want in your photographer. Some brides like their photographers to have many years of experience while others prefer a younger photographer with a “fresh” feel to them. It is all up to you.
If you are looking for a photographer in or close to MA, CT, or RI, please feel free to check out these websites: