Wedding LED Lighting – Rob Alberti’s Event Services (formerly After Hours DJ Service)
In years past, you were limited to simple lighting at your wedding reception. Maybe your DJ could bring a mirror ball or some disco lighting for the dance floor. You could not ask them to make your white walled venue into a pink wall. With today’s new range of Wedding LED Lighting, you can do just about anything at your wedding reception.
There are different styles and quality levels when it comes to Wedding LED Lighting. First, there is a difference in brightness – the first generation of Wedding LED Lighting were 0.1 watt LEDs. They were nice, but you literally had to shut off all the lights in your venue before you could see the effect. (We immediately sold our 0.1 watt LED Wedding Lights as soon as the brighter fixtures came out)
The second generation of Wedding LED Lighting were made up of 1.0 watt LEDs. These were markedly brighter than the first generation LED fixtures. Even with the venue lights at normal banquet level, you could clearly see the effect that they made in the venue. You were still limited by sunset time and windows in a venue – they could not compete with direct sunlight.
The newest fixtures for Wedding LED Lighting are the 3.0 watt fixtures. Some have tri-colored LEDs (no need for separate Red Green Blue LEDs), others added White or Amber LEDs to allow a bigger color pallet to be achieved in your wedding venue.
Conventional Par Can lighting with color gel filters have a difficult time reproducing Blues and Purples. Wedding LED Lighting used to have a hard time with White and Amber hues. This new generation of 3.0 watt Wedding LED Lighting eliminates the color matching concerns of earlier versions of LED lighting.
So, before you hire your DJ or lighting specialist for your wedding, be sure to ask some basic questions about their Wedding LED Lighting.
- Are your fixtures 0.1 w, 1.0 w or 3.0 w LED fixtures?
- How many fixtures do you typically use? (10 – 20 fixtures are required for most facilities, probably twice as many fixtures needed for the 0.1 w style)
- Are all your fixtures the same make and model? If they mix and match styles of Wedding LED Lighting, the color will not be exact from one fixture to another.
- Can you wirelessly control the color or brightness of your Wedding LED Lighting? Do they stay the same all night long or will they change? This is personal decision you must make as the bride – do you want the background color of your wedding to change or will you be bored and want changes to the lighting based on what is going on or you can utilize color changes to enhance dancing.
- Will someone be on-site throughout the event to monitor the Wedding LED Lighting? This will allow for things like fixtures being accidentally moved, bumped or unplugged to be reset.
- Do you have photos of the last couple events that you’ve used your lighting at? Be sure they can identify the facility and event (to make sure they are not showing you someone else’s photos and not their own Wedding LED lighting examples).
Wedding LED Lighting can make your reception dramatic and stunning if done correctly. It also can turn your special day into a circus if done incorrectly. Know what you are getting for Wedding LED Lighting. Get it in writing!
About The Author: Hi, I’m Rob Alberti from Rob Alberti’s Event Services. We transform space, light & sound by providing DJ, event lighting and a full array of a/v rental services to make your next event look & sound spectacular. Please check out our website & blog at www.robalberti.com. We’d love the opportunity to quote services for the next event you may be working on.
If you would like to have us at your upcoming event, please checkout our website at www.robalberti.com or request further information and we can check our availability and put together a formal quote for you. CONTACT US NOW FOR FREE INFORMATION.
Remember, we offer wedding disc jockey entertainment, iphotography wedding photography, photo booth rental, Sweet 16 and Prom DJs, Wedding up-lighting, architectural event lighting, LED wash up-lighting and a/v rental services including ipod wedding rentals. We can provide entertainment and event services for all types of events in the New England areas including: Newport, RI – Providence, RI – Boston, MA – Western Mass – The Berkshires – Hartford, CT- New Haven, CT – Connecticut Shoreline – Fairfield County CT as well as destination events as far away as Mexico. Rob Alberti’s Event Services is the former “After Hours DJ Service” – an Entertainment company with a new name to better reflect our new array of event and entertainment services.
Rob Alberti, event director & lighting designer
Rob Alberti’s Event Services, DJ & Lighting
Serving the Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island areas
800 782 3033 or Email Us at [email protected]
Transforming space, light & sound…
Check out our other websites: www.audiovideorental.net , www.budgetentertainment.net , www.afterhoursdj.net , www.weddinginsider.net , www.robalbertieventservices.com , www.robalbertieventlighting.com , www.unique-wedding-lighting-ideas.com , www.connecticut-wedding-djs.com , www.massachusetts-wedding-djs.com
Copyright 2000-2010 Rob Alberti’s Event Services, Rob Alberti’s After Hours Disc Jockey Service, Entertainment & Event Up-Lighting – Westfield, MA – Worcester, MA – Enfield, CT – Colchester, CT – Providence, RI – All Rights Reserved