Wedding Lighting Ideas – Reception Up Lighting and Event Lighting With Rob Alberti’s Event Services
Couples often spend months planning every detail of their wedding, from the exact shades for the bridal party dresses and the font on the wedding invitations to the decoration and topper of the wedding cake and the song played as they come in for their grand entrance, but a surprising number of wedding couples never realize they should also plan the appropriate wedding lights.
Without the proper lighting, pictures may not turn out as well, the details of the floral centerpieces and wedding gown lace may be missed, and you may not clearly see the smiling faces of your friends and family members. You might want to highlight the beauty of certain objects using pin spots, which also can accentuate a table’s place settings or linens.
There are many considerations to make when deciding on wedding lighting:
- What lighting is already available in the facility?
- Will there be candle lighting in the room?
- What is the overall moon that you want to set for your wedding? Dramatic? Party? Romantic?
- Will the lighting match both the facility and the rest of your wedding color scheme?
- Will lighting help your photographer or videographer’s work? Up Lighting can add dimension to a photographer’s work. Up lighting and dance floor ceiling washes can help reduce the need for flood lighting from your videographer’s camera (which can detract from the dance atmosphere)
What Needs To Be Lit?
- You can highlight the head table and cake
- You can wash the dance floor with lighting
- You can create pattern lighting on large walls or ceilings
- You can light architectural features within the room (Columns, windows, etc) with up lighting or LED par can lighting effects
- You can bring attention to certain tables by using under table lighting to make the table linens glow with color
- You could spotlight the dance floor for your first dance or use a spotlight for your grand entrance
Typically wedding reception up lighting is set as your “background” color of your wedding and should not change. For some couples, being able to make color scene changes throughout their reception or having the up lighting change based on the music is important. Your lighting designer can offer many suggestions to help create the perfect color pallet for your wedding reception.
Wedding reception up lighting can make an inexpensive banquet hall look upscale. Up lighting can bring drama and that “wow” factor to your reception. Reception lighting can make your photos look amazing and add color to your video. Event lighting will help highlight the important features of your reception and can bring your wedding theme to life with a cohesive design color and style.
At Rob Alberti’s Event Services, we transform space, light & sound by providing DJ, event lighting and a full array of a/v rental services to make your next event look & sound spectacular.
If you would like to have us at your upcoming event, please checkout our website at www.robalberti.com or request further information and we can check our availability and put together a formal quote for you. CONTACT US NOW FOR FREE INFORMATION.
Remember, we offer wedding disc jockey entertainment, iphotography wedding photography, photo booth rental, Sweet 16 and Prom DJs, Wedding up-lighting, architectural event lighting, LED wash up-lighting and a/v rental services including ipod wedding rentals. We can provide entertainment and event services for all types of events in the New England areas including: Newport, RI – Providence, RI – Boston, MA – Western Mass – The Berkshires – Hartford, CT- New Haven, CT – Connecticut Shoreline – Fairfield County CT as well as destination events as far away as Mexico. Rob Alberti’s Event Services is the former “After Hours DJ Service” – an Entertainment company with a new name to better reflect our new array of event and entertainment services.
Transforming space, light & sound…
Check out our other websites: www.audiovideorental.net , www.budgetentertainment.net , www.afterhoursdj.net , www.weddinginsider.net , www.robalbertieventservices.com , www.robalbertieventlighting.com , www.unique-wedding-lighting-ideas.com , www.connecticut-wedding-djs.com , www.massachusetts-wedding-djs.com
Copyright 2000-2010 Rob Alberti’s Event Services, Rob Alberti’s After Hours Disc Jockey Service, Entertainment & Event Up-Lighting – Westfield, MA – Worcester, MA – Enfield, CT – Colchester, CT – Providence, RI – All Rights Reserved