7 Things To Light At Your Wedding – Wedding Lighting Options
Light can highlight features at your wedding reception. It can also draw attention away from trouble areas in your banquet hall. Ugly wallpaper? Highlight the columns. Dirty ceiling? Texture lights on the wall will downplay it.
The most extravagant facilities look even better with the right lighting. An inexpensive rundown facility gets a facelift with proper lighting. Here are 7 things to light at your wedding reception.
- Your Wedding Cake – Make your cake stand out with a single spotlight.
- Your Centerpieces – Have a large centerpiece on your tables? A wash light on the arrangement for each table (or just your head table and parent’s tables) will make it pop.
- Your Head Table or Sweetheart Table – a light behind your table will pull everyone’s eyes to it. You can light under the table as well for a cool glow effect.
- Your Bar – task lighting at the bar or backlighting the bar will show this a focal point at your celebration.
- Outside of the Building – Columns outside the main entrance? Imagine what your guests will say as they see the building lit up as they pull in.
- Entrance Area – A couple of well-placed lights to flank your entrance. It will make for great wedding photos.
- The Band / Dance Floor – A simple wash light on the band will brighten things up. Don’t forget the dance floor. Lights that change and move based on the music will keep the room energized. It will let everyone know it’s time to dance.
What can light do for you at your wedding reception? It will make your wedding photos better. It will help brighten your wedding videos. Contact a wedding lighting expert to see before and after photos of your wedding venue.
I had one mother of the bride say that she cried when she walked into the room to see the lighting for the first time. It was just so beautiful and such a surprise. This is a small expense that is well worth the added impact.
Rob Alberti is owner of Rob Alberti’s Event Services
Before And After Video Of Our Wedding Lighting Services
What Do You Do Now?
Contact DJ Rob today to learn about our pricing and availability for your upcoming event.
We offer wedding DJs, Custom Lighting Design, and Photo Booth Rentals.
Describe your wedding in 3 words so we have an understanding of what you are looking for.
Send us an inspirational image of what you are trying to create for custom wedding lighting.
Tell us the style of music that gets you up and shaking your booty.
Let us guide you through the planning process.
Our stomping grounds are The Berkshires and Hartford CT areas, but we travel from Hudson Valley NY to Boston MA, and Southern VT to the CT Shoreline and Newport RI. Get started today.
Cole & Brittany – Shepards Run – South Kingstown, RI DJ Let me tell you how fun Cole and Brittany were to work with! Our first meeting starts and they say “Pat, before we talk about anything else you need to know that we LOVE to. dance and we want as much time on the…
Henry House VT – Tented Wedding Lighting Check out some images from our past Henry House Tented Wedding light installs Katie & Brandon – Dear Edith & Lily Photography @dearedithandlily See More Weddings On Our Blog
The Hermitage Inn Wedding Photos West Dover VT Wedding DJ The Hermitage Inn Wedding Photos West Dover VT: We have been working at The Hermitage Inn located in West Dover VT for years now. We have DJ’d weddings and provided tent lighting for so many weddings held there over the years. I wanted to put…
Fundraisers, Charity Auctions, and Corporate Event Production Services Near Me Fundraisers, Charity Auctions, and Corporate Event Production Services Near Me: We provide a personalized experience for all our corporate clients planning small to medium charity auctions, fundraisers, and corporate galas. With a wide range of event production services, AV rentals, and professional event lighting options….
Hybrid DJ/Bands – Not What They Are Hyped Up To Be We had the opportunity to work with a couple hybrid DJ/Bands this past wedding season. It seems cool on the surface – the best of both worlds. A DJ to MC your event and play music in the style that you and your guests…
Sarah & Andrew Red Barn at Hampshire College – Amherst, MA – Wedding DJ Sarah and Andrew didn’t want to be the center of attention at their wedding and wanted to give their guests plenty to do so that they could relax and enjoy the day without feeling like they were under a microscope! The…