7 Things To Light At Your Wedding – Wedding Lighting Options
Light can highlight features at your wedding reception. It can also draw attention away from trouble areas in your banquet hall. Ugly wallpaper? Highlight the columns. Dirty ceiling? Texture lights on the wall will downplay it.
The most extravagant facilities look even better with the right lighting. An inexpensive rundown facility gets a facelift with proper lighting. Here are 7 things to light at your wedding reception.
- Your Wedding Cake – Make your cake stand out with a single spotlight.
- Your Centerpieces – Have a large centerpiece on your tables? A wash light on the arrangement for each table (or just your head table and parent’s tables) will make it pop.
- Your Head Table or Sweetheart Table – a light behind your table will pull everyone’s eyes to it. You can light under the table as well for a cool glow effect.
- Your Bar – task lighting at the bar or backlighting the bar will show this a focal point at your celebration.
- Outside of the Building – Columns outside the main entrance? Imagine what your guests will say as they see the building lit up as they pull in.
- Entrance Area – A couple of well-placed lights to flank your entrance. It will make for great wedding photos.
- The Band / Dance Floor – A simple wash light on the band will brighten things up. Don’t forget the dance floor. Lights that change and move based on the music will keep the room energized. It will let everyone know it’s time to dance.
What can light do for you at your wedding reception? It will make your wedding photos better. It will help brighten your wedding videos. Contact a wedding lighting expert to see before and after photos of your wedding venue.
I had one mother of the bride say that she cried when she walked into the room to see the lighting for the first time. It was just so beautiful and such a surprise. This is a small expense that is well worth the added impact.
Rob Alberti is owner of Rob Alberti’s Event Services
Before And After Video Of Our Wedding Lighting Services
What Do You Do Now?
Contact DJ Rob today to find out pricing and availability for your upcoming event. We offer wedding DJs, Custom Lighting Design, and Photo Booth Rentals.
Describe your wedding in 3 words so we have an understanding of what you are looking for.
Send us an inspirational image of what you are trying to create for custom wedding lighting.
Tell us the style of music that gets you up and shaking your booty.
Let us guide you through the planning process.
Our stomping grounds are The Berkshires and Hartford CT areas, but we travel from Hudson Valley NY to Boston MA, and Southern VT to the CT Shoreline frequently. Get started today.
Yaelle & Elizabeth Balderdash Cellars Wedding
Yaelle & Elizabeth Balderdash Cellars Wedding What do you get when an engineer and teacher get together with two of the kindest families in the world? Yaelle and Elizabeth! They were so much fun to work with! It was a top 10 day at Balderdash Cellars as the families arrived for photos and mingling before…
Anne & Vanja Westfield River Brewing Company Wedding
Anne & Vanja Westfield River Brewing Company Wedding Anne and Vanja were so much fun to work with! They wanted a totally non-traditional wedding that emphasized all of their interests. With few formalities guests were able to mingle, play board games, spend time out by the firepit, and of course tear it up on the…
Helen & Jon Intimate Mass MoCA Wedding
Helen & Jon Intimate Mass MoCA Wedding It was an intimate wedding with less than 70 guests at Mass MoCA in the Prow. Helen and Jon exchanged vows in Sol LeWitt Galleries and then we moved on to cocktails just off the Prow. Their table assignments were tacked to different loaves of bread. We love…
Cassidy & Garrett OceanCliff Newport RI Wedding
Cassidy & Garrett Ocean Cliff Newport RI Wedding Cassidy and Garret had their wedding at OceanCliff Hotel in Newport, RI. It’s a beautiful venue that over looks the water. They held their ceremony in Wrentham and then headed down to Newport for their reception. They had a harpist playing to great the guests for their…
Planning Your Corporate Event
Making Your Next Corporate Event a Success If you’re planning a networking event that will have a speaking or presentation portion for your company there are a few good questions to ask yourself. What type of tech do you need? How many people will be speaking over the course of the event? Will they be…
Boston Marathon Gala 2023 BAA – Boston Athletics Association
Boston Marathon Gala 2023 BAA – Boston Athletics Association We were brought in last minute (only a week prior) to this year’s Boston Marathon Gala at Fairmont Copley Place where 150 of the whos-who were in attendance for this fundraising event. We teamed up with Suffield Sound (they provided the band sound support and uplighting)…